Gout, one of the very common diseases among humans, is a form of arthritis. This disease accompanied by severe pain, redness and tenderness in the joints. Sometimes inflammation is also seen in case of gout, and the pain becomes unbearable at times resulting in the stiffness of the joints.
You need to follow some steps for the effective prevention of gout.
Modifications in the Diet
- You need to limit the intake the food that contains purines especially meat and the seafood. These foods increase the level of uric acid in the blood hence giving rise to gout.
- You can consume green leafy vegetables and fruits which play a vital role in the prevention of gout.
Taking in Supplement
- Gout supplement can be taken which is one of the most effective steps in the treatment of gout.
- These supplements also help in the reduction of the level of uric acid in the blood which in turn is able to keep gout under control.
Adequate Fluid Intake
- You should drink a lot of water and a lot of other fluid which helps in fighting with gout.
- The intake of a proper amount of fluid helps in getting rid of the excess amount of uric acid from the body.
Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
- Smoking should be avoided so that the severity of the pain can be prevented.
- The intake of alcohol should be restricted since the purines present in them can increase the level of uric acid.